Sunday, February 22, 2009

Florida Fun

So, I wasn't planning on posting anymore pictures from Florida, but I uploaded these to the computer today and some were just too cute not to post. So enjoy!



We have enjoyed feasting on fresh shrimp a couple of times this year. I always enjoy eating them once I get over the fact that I just boiled them whole in boiling water. I think I prefer the kind already beheaded and shelled!

Brett and Briana getting one more hold time in before U. Dave's left. 
Actually getting to feed Camen was a real thrill! 
It has come time for Cole to leave. Everyone loaded up for the trip downstairs. This morning Brett said, "Mom, I wish Cole was still here." We miss you, Cole! You were so much fun to have this week! What a blessing to look at the world through your eyes!!
We took a walk on the beach this morning with Mom and Dad Riffey. Brett found a fish head to investigate. He wanted to know if he should put it in his bag. I had to laugh, but told him it probably wasn't a great idea. That reminds me of Cole this week. 
About Friday, he asked his mom if they could take a seagull home with them! Boy, wouldn't that be a lovely trip home.
Brett and Grandpa (Dad) walking along on the beach. Brett and Briana's personalities really show when we go shelling. Brett picks one up and says, "This is really pretty, Mom" and then promptly throws it back down on the beach. Bri picks up broken pieces and puts them in her bag for safekeeping. You can tell who the packrat will be!
Daddy and Briana
I will treasure this picture always. There is a bond here that I cannot explain. Sometimes I am tempted to be jealous, but I praise God for this father-daughter connection! God is so Good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathy. I know just what you mean about that daddy-daughter connection. Jason & Addie have something that is unexplainable. She thinks the sun rises and sets on him, and he nearly thinks the same of her!!! It is so fun to watch. So glad that you are having a fun time in FL. Not that I am jealous..of course not...but it sure does sound nice to be soaking in some sun and warmth rather than watching it snow!!!!
His blessings to you all.....
Jody

Anonymous said...

We are so glad that you decided to post more pictures. We had a wonderful week and are adjusting to being back at home! :) Thanks for all you did for us this past week. Family is such a blessing. Mel & boys

Janice said...

Oh yay! More pics :) So much nicer to be able to experience a little of it with you. That picture of Brett with that fish head is hilarious. I'm impressed you let him mess with it. I'd have been yelling, lol! Precious picture of Bri and Ken. That Daddy/daughter thing....will probably get you through a few issues with less struggle. Oh...and I can't BELIEVE you fix shrimp like THAT. AND actually EAT THEM. That is SO disgusting, lol! If I have to behead it, you can guarantee it won't be on any plate of mine :)